How it works...
• Therapy is a process that's unique to you.
• We focus on topics that are important to you, and the issues getting in the way of your goals.
• Your work might involve learning new information, developing or strengthening skills, or
understanding and resolving deeper, underlying issues - or a combination of these. We work
together to establish your therapy goals, and a way of meeting those goals that best fits you.
• Sessions might take the form of a conversation, but sometimes we'll agree to use more structured
interventions both during the session, and as 'homework' in between sessions.
• Therapy can be either short-term or longer-term in nature. Some people find relief from
their problem within a few weeks to several months, and enjoy improvements along the way.
Others, because of the severity or length of time they've been experiencing the problem,
might need longer-term work (a minimum of one year). Even if you require longer-term therapy,
you'll still experience improvements along the way.
• Usually, sessions are weekly or every other week until your problem begins to resolve.
• Sessions can be either in-person, or through video-conferencing ('Zoom'), or a combination of
these. Both ways of meeting are very effective.
• We work together in a safe, accepting, and non-judgemental environment that respects your
uniqueness, comfort level, and pace.
• Matters discussed throughout the counselling process are confidential.